Interested in what we believe? This is a summary of the essential theology of the Potters House and CFM churches.
- Baptism Of The Holy Spirit: The baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the scriptural evidence, namely, speaking "with other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance." (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2:1-4; 38-39; 8:13-17; 10:44-47; 11:15-17; 19:1-7). We also believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation for the empowering of God's people. Lk 11.11-13; Acts 1.8; Acts 2.1-14
- Bible: The Bible is the inspired Word of God to men; the infallible rule of faith and conduct, and is superior to conscience and reason, but not contrary to reason (II Timothy 3: 15,16; I Corinthians 2: 13; I Peter 2:2).
- Blessed Hope: see Second Coming...
- Church: Christ is building His Church, the called out ones that gather in His name and a spiritual work takes place. The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfilment of her great commission to go into all the world and make disciples of every nation. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and the Church of the first born, which are written in heaven. (Matthew 16:18; 28:19; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
- Divine Healing: The healing of the body by divine power, or divine healing in its many aspects as practised by the early church. This was provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of all believers. (Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; Acts 3:1-22; 4:30; James 5:14-15).
- Eternal punishment of the unbeliever. (Mark 9:43,48; II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20: 10-15).
- Faith: Only way to obtain Jesus is through faith alone. We believe faith in Christ results in a new life that increasingly conforms to the Word of God and acknowledges Christ's Lordship. Ezekiel 36.26; Romans 12.2; 2 Corinthians 3.18; 2 Corinthians 5.17
- Fall of Man: The creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total depravity and inability to attain to Divine righteousness. Man's only hope is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21). We believe that all men have sinned and fall short of God's standards, resulting in separation from Him and eternal condemnation. (John 3.36; Romans 3.10, 23; Romans 6.23; Revelations 20.15 )
- Forgiveness of Sin: We believe that faith in Christ and His substitutional death on the cross results in forgiveness of sin, justification before God and eternal life. John 3.16; Romans 6.23 & 10.9-10; Galatians 2.16; 1 John 5.11-12
- Gifts Of The Spirit: The gifts of the Spirit as enumerated and practised as manifest in the early church. (I Corinthians Chapters 12-14; Acts 5:12-16).
- Grace: The salvation of sinners by grace alone, through faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the Cross of Calvary, by which we secure remission of sins and eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:1). The Gospel of the grace of God, how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for our justification. (I Corinthians 15: 1-4; Romans 4:25).
- God: The One true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent, self-revealed "I AM" and has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association. ie. as Father, Son and Holy Ghost. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Galatians 3:20).
- Jesus: The Saviour of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man. (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 9:6).
- Jesus death on the cross was a complete and single payment for sin.
- Jesus Deity: We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God. John 10.30; Phil 2.5-6
- Living The Christian Life: The Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world, and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith. (Ephesians 5: 18 ; II Corinthians 6:147:1).
- Local Church: The sovereign and autonomous government of the local church. We believe in the indigenous church, which has within itself all it needs to fulfil the commission of the Church. That is the raising up, ordaining, and releasing of workers for the harvest field, and the taking care of any problems arising within the Body. (Matthew 18:17; Acts 6:1-8; 15:22; I Corinthians 16:12).
- Membership of a church is not part of a believers salvation.
- Millennial Reign Of Jesus: The revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, the salvation of national Israel, and the millennial reign of Christ on the earth is the scriptural promise and the world's hope. (II Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19:11-14; 20:1-7; Romans 11:26-27).
- The Ministry Of The Church: A divinely-called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for a two-fold purpose: (1) The evangelisation of the world, and (2) The direction for the edifying of the Body of Christ. (Matthew 29:19; Mark 16: 15-20; Matthew 24: 14; Ephesians 4:11-16).
- Prayer: We believe God answers prayer. John 16.24; Heb 4.16; 1 John 5.14
- Post tribulation earthly kingdom of God for 1,000 years
- Rapture: Pre-millennial and bodily rapture of the church.
- Salvation: The grace of God, which brings salvation, has appeared to all men, through the preaching of repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ; man is saved by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost, and, being justified by grace through faith he becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 2:11; Romans 10:8-10,13-15; Luke 24:47; Titus 3:5-7). We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross as a perfect substitue for us to reconcile us to God. we call this salvation. Colossians 1.20. Jesus is the only way to obtain salvation.
- Satan: has many names in Scripture and is real with a personality. (Job 1 :6 -3: 1 ; II Corinthians 11: 14).
- Second Coming Or Blessed Hope: The bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His enthronement, His personal coming for His church (those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord which is the blessed hope of the church), then there will be the general resurrection and the final judgment. (Luke 24:15; Ephesians 1:20; Acts 7:54-58; Hebrews 1:3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51-58; Revelation 11:15).
- Water Baptism: The water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost according to Scripture. (Matthew 28: 19; Acts 8:37-38; 10:47-48; 19:5; Romans 6:4).